Thank you for taking part in Pick n Pay’s most generous festive season ever. Thanks to Ladysmith Black Mambazo, and all of you, we were able to donate 170 000 slices of SASKO bread to FoodForward SA. Now that’s a lot of happy bellies.
Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum Promotion Terms and Conditions
- The promoters to this promotion are Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Ltd (”Pick n Pay“) (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708.
- All persons entering the Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum promotion (”the promotion“) (”the entrants“) agree that the promotion rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at www.picknpay.co.za.
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his/her entry to the promotion he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All entrants to this promotion participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotion and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
Rules of the promotion
- This promotion opens on 7 November 2016 and closes on 30 November 2016.
- In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotion:
- the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- the entrant must be 18 years old or older and by submitting their footage consent to giving the promoter rights to their video footage; and
- the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual.
- Pick n Pay reserves the right to use the submitted video footage in perpetuity
- The Promoter does not take responsibility for any of the footage although they will be reviewing and screening it prior to publishing it.
- Pick ’n Pay do not take responsibility for any issues relating to and/or resulting from the use/display of these videos.
- The promotion has a ”giving“ mechanism whereby the development company will track how far users listen to the song and based on that there will be an algorithm to work out how much will be given to charity by Pick ’n Pay.
- To enter the promotion, the entrant must:
- Upload a video submission singing ”Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum“ to the Pick n Pay campaign page.
- Entrants will be prompted to submit their own videos through a site entry mechanic.
- Video submissions will close on 30 November 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
- Participants may enter the promotion as many times as they wish.
Selection of successful video submissions
- User generated videos will be viewed and the best submissions that meet the necessary requirements will be selected to use in the video.
- The selected user videos will be compiled into the music video that will be displayed on a later version of the campaign site that goes live on 5 December 2016.
- Pick n Pay reserves the right to use the videos in perpetuity.
- The video will be used across all social and owned channels.
- Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the promotion at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- By entering the promotion in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotion for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”) and the promotion will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you be a successful entrant in the promotion, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA.
- Successful entrants may be requested to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Successful entrants are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- The promoters shall conduct the promotion, and the promoters’ decision on any matter related to the promotion, including the selection of successful entrants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.picknpay.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0800 11 22 88 during office hours throughout the period of the promotion.
Getting ready for Christmas
The night before Christmas